Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Where The Beauty Lies...

We can find true beauty in the simplest things. It can be in a butterfly, a child's laughter or a slice of pizza. But what is happiness? Is it a feeling? Is it a person? Is it a place? For me, it's all of the above. I find true profound bliss in the things that occur suddenly but last forever. Today I lost a cousin who did not feel loved, he felt alone in a world full of people. I wish I had the heart and mind to put his needs before my own, but I'm weak and selfish. Does that make me wrong? I don't think so but it does make me ignorant. How do we describe life when we feel alone? I'm reading a book called Uninvited and the author speaks about finding God in the midst of all the ache of loneliness and that is so true for me as well. When it comes down to it, the only one who keeps me going on is God. Our hearts long for love from another and when it is deprived of that it becomes warped and darkened by evil thoughts and feelings. God can ease that pain and bring light but you have to find something or someone worth holding onto. I am alone is Los Angeles but I'm never lonely. My prayers, my thoughts and my feelings keep me company and motivated. As I embark on the journey of triumph and self-worth I only use the loss as motivation to continue to leave a mark. My education in psychology, my nonprofit and my connections are all things that will help me to make a deep and beautiful scar upon this earth. I'm not gonna lie, I just finished a bottle of wine so this piece is all emotion. I'm not drinking because I'm sad, I'm celebrating a life, not a death. Yeah Uncle Chis I snapchatted you those exact words haha.
RunPrayCreate!

No comments:

Post a Comment