Sunday, June 12, 2016

Message to the Gay and Orlando Community #alllivesmatter #justpray

I went to bed at the time that many lives were being taken. I was at peace while only 2500 miles away pain was being spread through a place I call home. Why??? I don't know. I may never really know. But I know in my heart whether it was because they had a certain lifestyle that may not be considered traditional or because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time....
 They are who they are, We all are WHO we are!
 Each person inside the club was a beautiful piece of art that God put on this earth for a reason and I loved them as we should love our brothers and sisters of this earth.

"Our lives will continue,
 as they should but that does not mean that we should stop praying
 and believing that there will be a time of change, of peace, of prosperity, 
when every person on this earth will have access to clean water, a home, a love that they can call their own regardless of how it may look to others, 
a time where we can pray, eat and live wherever 
regardless of our background."

I was in tears in church and I left because my heart hurts, My pastor is in Syria fighting a battle that most people don't even think is theirs yet his heart led him to the battlefront. I can only put down words to show my heart because I have not been sent to that space within myself where I feel I can move mountains alone. So for now, I'll pray for those who have that spark and I pray that we use this confusion as a way to fuel our hope for a better tomorrow.

I love you all, whether gay, straight, Muslim, Syrian, Asian, black, white, an Avatar... It doesn't matter!  RunPrayCreate.

1 comment: